The health and safety of our community is Second Slumber’s top priority and we are dedicated to our role in preventing the spread of the virus. Health Canada has asked Canadians to avoid non-essential gatherings and contact with other people and to practice physical distancing, which has proven to be one of the most effective ways to prevent the spread of the virus during an outbreak. As the pandemic evolves, so do the regional safety protocols, here are some resources from the Public Health Agency of Canada for more information regarding COVID-19 specific to your province or territory.
Second Slumber expects that all clients adhere to our COVID-19 safety measures and guidelines when using the Second Slumber transaction process.
The following measures will be implemented to support a contactless and safe transaction:
What to expect when picking up your mattress:
- The mattress will be required to pass SecondSlumber’s Mattress Checklist ). The mattress will be wrapped in an official Second Slumber plastic case covering and placed outside the residence 10 minutes before your arrival.
- When you arrive to pick up your mattress it is recommended that you wear a non-medical mask and maintain a distance of approximately 2 metres from the residence’s entrance.
- If you or someone in your household are sick, stay home. Follow Canadian Health Guidelines and wait until everyone in your household is better before making your contactless transaction.
- Reach out to Second Slumber’s Customer Care for further accommodation for your order.
Can Coronavirus live on objects or fabric?
- Evidence suggests that the virus does not survive well on a soft surface (such as a mattress).
- Hopkin's Medicine found that a small amount (less than 0.1%) of the virus is detectable on plastic surfaces for up to three days. For more information, check out Canadian Health Guidelines
- To be extra cautious, put the mattress somewhere out of the way for a day or two.